Saturday, December 30, 2006

Detroit News Article

Susan Whithall came to my house on Friday to interview me for a story she is writing with the Detroit News. A photographer is due next week to obtain photos for the story. A lot of the questions she asked were about my impressions of the movie Dreamgirls. I have already shred that opinion here, and told Susan much of the same. I have an alert for blogs on Flo Ballard, and I'm amazed at the number of people that are linking my sister to the movie. I think it's great publicity in keeping Flo's memory alive, but the point of the story has been missed a bit. Flo's career didn't die because of the way her sisters in the group treated her; her career ended, in part, because of the people in positions of influence that refused to help her when she needed it most.

No comments: